Why ScratchSleeves really work
Suffering sleepless nights thanks to baby eczema, chicken pox, measles or other itchy skin conditions and regularly finding abandoned scratch mitts where your loved one wriggled out of them frustrates the most experienced parents. You can make this a thing of the past with Scratchsleeves because:
- The outer silk mitts protect the skin while the inner layer of soft cotton allows full movement
- Most toddlers are unable to remove them
- They enable skin to heal, and reduce irritation and infection
- Only soft cotton and silk touches your child’s skin, so they are extremely comfortable
- The fabrics are robust and machine washable
- They are working on children throughout the world.
ScratchSleeves can also help with hair pulling, thumb-sucking, post operative healing and protecting feeding tubes.
ScratchSleeves and older children
As children become more independent they will of course learn how to put on and take off their own clothes without help, and ScratchSleeves are no exception. For older, more independent children we recommend putting ScratchSleeves on underneath their regular clothing or PJs. During the day putting ScratchSleeves on under a set of dungarees or a strapped top can be a practical solution as the ScratchSleeves can be put on or taken off by an adult without the need to remove other clothing but are much more difficult for children to remove by themselves.
This short video demonstrates just how easy ScratchSleeves are to use with babies, toddlers and older children and shares some top tips for ensuring that the wearers can’t take them off without help.