Divine Dairy Free Butterscotch Dip
As a non-dairy eater, I know from experience how tricky it can be to finding interesting and appealing dairy-free dessert recipes – there’s only so many fresh fruit salads you can face without getting slightly bored of them. This butterscotch flavoured dip makes fruit salads and dairy-free ice cream just that little bit more interesting (and yummy!). It’s delicious served hot or cold, and it can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for up to a week. What’s not to like?
300ml rice milk
100g soft brown sugar
50g dairy free spread/butter
1½ tsp arrowroot powder
1½ tsp water
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla essence
How to make your delicious dairy free dip
1. Gently heat the rice milk and sugar in a large pan over a low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved.
2. Turn up the heat and bring to the boil stirring occasionally.
3. Boil for 5-7 minutes until the mixture has reduced by half.
4. Reduce the heat and add the dairy free spread and whisk until melted.
5. Mix the arrowroot powder with the water and stir into the sauce. Cook over a low heat stirring, until the mixture thickens slightly.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla essence.
To serve, surround a pot of this dip with chunks of fresh fruit on wooden skewers and your family will want to tuck in straight away. As an alternative dairy free pudding, try drizzled over dairy free vanilla ice cream. You can either serve immediately or leave to cool before pouring into an airtight jar and placing in the fridge.
Visit Yummy Recipes for Eczema Babies & Kids for more free-from child-friendly recipes.
Here at ScratchSleeves we don’t just share our experiences of bringing up an eczema child and favourite allergy friendly recipes, we also manufacturer and sell our unique stay-on scratch mitts and PJs for itchy babies, toddlers and children. We now stock sizes from 0-10 years in a range of colours. Visit our main website for more information.